Back to top
For all shipping inquiries please call or email us:
firstname.lastname@example.org | Ph. 404-805-5307
1. We here at SOU, take the shipping process very seriously. That being said, we offer a 100% Guarantee that every piece will reach its final destination safely.
2. Shipping is not included in the price of each item… though buyers outside the state of GA pay no sales tax (score!) We will do our very best to find the most suitable/affordable solution that incorporates preparation, packaging, and location. Size and quantity are also factors that will need to be considered.
3. We currently prefer to use white glove delivery services as these entities offer quality / timely shipping options, fully insured and to your door. However, we do use UPS, FedEx and other delivery services as needed.
4. Local pick-up is welcome, encouraged, and the best part.. it is entirely free. However, local sales tax will be applicable.
5. Time needed for Construction (SOU custom work), or Time needed for Restoration (vintage pieces) will be factored into the delivery schedule. Our goal is to have as much inventory (both custom and vintage) ready-to-go as possible, and we will continue to move more in this direction.
6. Shipping is available to the main 48 States. At this time, we are not servicing Hawaii, Alaska, Canada (coming soon) and International locations (coming soon). We will continue to do everything we can to set up networks for worldwide distribution of South of Urban designs. However, carbon footprint and use of materials and resources are always at the top of our decision making process.
7. All sales are final on both custom and vintage pieces. No exchanges or returns. Buyer accepts full responsibility for item(s) upon arrival. Please conduct a thorough inspection of the item(s) before the delivery service departs. Our 100% Guarantee is in effect up until that moment. This policy only serves as assurance that any piece we ship will arrive safely. It does not allow for last minute change of heart.
Description of Vintage Pieces
Back to top
Most of our vintage Mid-Century Modern pieces are a tad on the older side (pre-1970). That being said, we do our best to describe the condition of each piece. Here is our sliding scale of conditions that we apply to each piece in our inventory.
Mint | The piece is completely and entirely original, and it looks like it came right out of the factory. The piece has the original finish, upholstery, and no signs of any wear and tear what-so-ever. We typically do not have pieces in this condition, but we do find ourselves the lucky bearers of such things from time to time. Refinishing and restoration is not factored into this category.
Excellent | Almost factory state condition, but it either has some minor imperfections if in original condition, or it has been restored/refinished/reupholstered to some degree.
Very Good | There is some wear and tear on the finish or upholstery, but the piece is presentable, and not really a candidate for restoration.
Good | Wear and tear is visible with possible scratches, stains, etc. The piece is suitable without restoration, but some restoration could be considered at some point in the future.
Poor | Major signs of age and wear. Will probably need to be refinished and/or repaired. A good candidate for a restoration project.