Design | Fabrication
Our process derives from over two decades of design education and experience with the physical making of things. We combine a digital fabrication process with traditional bespoke craftsmanship, which in tandem, allows us to achieve a high standard in both design and production. SOU is based entirely out of Atlanta, GA, and we do everything we can to use local resources as well as local business partners to offer sustainable solutions for our building practices. Given that all of our professional experience lies in design and architecture, our credo is modern sustainable furniture built by designers.
We carefully consider the environmental impact of every project that we produce. We have access to a healthy supply of materials from aging buildings as well as downed trees (urban timber). In other instances, we source materials that are responsibly harvested, and within close proximity to Atlanta. The ultimate goal is to minimize our carbon footprint, and promote a responsible consumer transaction.
“What is our process and how does it work?” Our goal is to apply this idea of transparency to every aspect of our business and South of Urban practices. By means of our social media presence and other sources of technology, we look to provide our customers | followers with a detailed flow of information about our process. All questions are welcomed.
Founder | Designer
University of Florida | Design, Architecture
Kennessaw State University | Architecture
Vicenza Institute of Architecture | Architecture
Experience | Thoughts
I spent over a decade working in the fields of architecture & interior design before launching SOU during this past recession. Traveling between Europe & the USA, I worked on projects of all sizes in several areas of expertise (Hospitality, Education, Commercial, Healthcare, Sports). I have a passion for knowing how things are fabricated & how this process can inform each design. Our flow of production is inherently linked to the careful development of every detail.
University of Florida | Journalism & Communication
Experience | Thoughts
With an in-depth background in the field of media production, I believe that each design, and the narrative behind it, is a core component of South of Urban. We strive to be transparent and communicate our process with a clarity that parallels our minimal aesthetic.
Back to top
For all shipping inquiries please call or email us:
firstname.lastname@example.org | 404-805-5307
1. We here at SOU, take the shipping process very seriously. That being said, we offer a 100% Guarantee that every piece will reach its final destination safely.
2. Shipping is not included in the price of each item… though buyers outside the state of GA pay no sales tax (score!) We will do our very best to find the most suitable/affordable solution that incorporates preparation, packaging, and location. Size and quantity are also factors that will need to be considered.
3. We currently prefer to use white glove delivery services as these entities offer quality / timely shipping options, fully insured and to your door. However, we do use UPS, FedEx and other delivery services as needed.
4. Local pick-up is welcome, encouraged, and the best part.. it is entirely free. However, local sales tax will be applicable.
5. Time needed for Construction (SOU custom work), or Time needed for Restoration (vintage pieces) will be factored into the delivery schedule. Our goal is to have as much inventory (both custom and vintage) ready-to-go as possible, and we will continue to move more in this direction.
6. Shipping is available to the main 48 States. At this time, we are not servicing Hawaii, Alaska, Canada (coming soon) and International locations (coming soon). We will continue to do everything we can to set up networks for worldwide distribution of South of Urban designs. However, carbon footprint and use of materials and resources are always at the top of our decision making process.
7. All sales are final on both custom and vintage pieces. No exchanges or returns. Buyer accepts full responsibility for item(s) upon arrival. Please conduct a thorough inspection of the item(s) before the delivery service departs. Our 100% Guarantee is in effect up until that moment. This policy only serves as assurance that any piece we ship will arrive safely. It does not allow for last minute change of heart.